Sunday, February 22, 2009

Share and Voice 5: Allergic reaction round 2??

For all of my friends that are in Methods with me, you probably remember the first day of class, and hearing my story about Adrian saving my life at the Grand Canyon. For those of you who aren't in Methods, here is a quick story:

This summer I went to the Grand Canyon with my man, Adrian.  He happens to be an expired EMT, which is a little fun fact about him.  However, his knowledge came in handy when I got stung by a bee and had an allergic reaction.  I was unconscious almost immediately, and he carried me in 110 degree weather to the nearest travel center to get me help.  Basically, an ambulance was called, people were crowing around me, and an entire entrance into part of the canyon was shut down.  It was EXTREMELY embarrassing, but I am forever thankful for Adrian's quick response and ability to remain calm.

Well, here I am in Colorado and Adrian saves my life YET AGAIN.  
On Friday night, Adrian and all of his friends threw me a welcome home party.  We were all playing RockBand, Dancing around...chit-chatting, the usual....
Well, this one guy makes a plate of breaded popcorn shrimp.  I looked at it and said, "is that chicken!?", his sarcastic response was "yeah, it's chicken".  So, I popped one into my mouth and almost IMMEDIATELY my tongue swelled, I looked to my right at my friend Drew and I said "WHAT ANIMAL IS THIS!", he replies, "it's shrimp"...
and just like in the pool when you spit water at your friends, the shrimp was expelled from my mouth.  I ran to the sink yelling, "WHO HAS BENEDRYL IM ALLERGIC TO SHRIMP!!!"
Adrian hears this and runs up the stairs, where I am standing at the sink flushing my mouth out.  I didn't have shoes on so he picks  me up and runs me out to the truck and off we went. 

Moral of the story: Adrian saved my life a second time, my tongue is back to normal size, and my welcome home party was a very memorable experience! 

There it is folks, a very detailed entry into the life of Sara J.  Don't you just love the Share & Voice posts?!

6 comments:

  1. HOLY GEEZE...that Adrian fellow is your guardian angel! It's really weird because I used to be allergic to shrimp when I was younger, but I recently discovered I'm not allergic anymore? Well, I'm glad to hear you're ok, and I hope you spit that shrimp in that guys face who said it was "chicken!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara!
    I'm glad you're okay! That man of yours does seem like your guardian angel! I love your share and voices.. they are so funny.. (well this wasn't a funny one, more like a serious one but you get what I mean) I think shrimp is gross, so who cares if you're allergic to it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara

    I'm glad your here with us still. You are too funny girl...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sara! Oh my gosh..I'm glad your ok! I bet that guy felt terrible! I don't know if I should be laughing but I laughed a little at the end, and I'm in the library getting weird looks. Good post. Are you allergic to anything else??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha I am glad Adrian was there to save your life. Such a Sara moment though! ahh
    That is so unfortunate though, I love shrimp :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sara--only you man!! great story...i will have to find out the rest of the details later cause i know there is a lot more!! thanks for the share and tell story!!

    ReplyDelete