Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Reflection: weeks 15 & 16

Week 15
During this week we finished up our Advocacy Project by finding an online learning activity to help others understand the issues we have spent the last few weeks researching. This part of the advocacy project was pretty fun, although for some of the topics it was rather hard to find a related online activity.
We also had guest speaker Sue Whitney come in to talk to us about her experiences as a mom, a business owner, and a junker! It was very interesting to see what other people are doing to make the world a little less "garbaged", and take some of the trash out of the landfills. I can see why Dr. V. has such a strong friendship with Sue, they are basically the same person! =)
Finally, we had a little class activity outside on the last day where we gave Dr. V. our class gift and talked about what we learned in the class. I think this was my favorite day of enviornmental. I enjoyed being outside, and hearing what everyone had to say about their experiences this sememster. Of course, my honesty got the best of me and I was the ONLY person to say I learned more about people/humanity and life than I did the environment. But that is okay, my life is basically one big pillow talk!

Week 16
Well, let's be honest, there is no such thing as "week 16", its called FINALS WEEK!!! Why we are blogging, I am not sure...but it is better than a final that asks questions about water privitization and carbon dioxide in the ozone. During this week we got to do each others final advocacy online learning activities which was pretty fun, and we also have done some blogging. I don't think I have learned too much about myself, or blogging or the environment during finals week. However, I am going on a 13 hour road trip tomorrow and I am carpooling!! Go me!
Wish me luck as I drive into the sunrise? LOL, for four months of falling in love...ooooooh.

I LOVE YOU ALL!!

6 comments:

  1. Sara-
    Have fun in Colorado with your man! See you next fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good reflection Sara! I agree with you that our last day of environmental was definitely one of the best:) I have enjoyed reading your blog so much! you have so much life in you! Good luck and have a great time in Colorado!!!See you in the fall:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha you make me laugh Sara J! I thought the last day of class was an emotional one for sure, but it was nice to be outside and socializing with all our friends. Your honesty is what's unique about you, and I'm sure everyone respects you for that! Have a great summer in CO, tell your man I say hi!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sara you are funny you should keep us posted on your summer adventures in CO cause i will still be checking mine and doing some posts! Remember to practice what you teach in PHE...lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sara you are so funny... goodluck on your drive its so exciting I hope you have a wonderful summer lady :)

    ReplyDelete